2/17/10

the patio garden

We brought a few favorite plants with us when we moved. Although it's not at all the same as the garden we left behind, I am still finding things to photograph.

Here is a favorite succulent we weren't about to leave behind.


I never really thought about strawberry plants being pretty, but with a closer look I find them very photogenic. Of course, I find them delicious when they are ripened!


I bought this plant a year or so ago because it was suppose to do well with little water. I don't know what it's called, but I love the detail on each of the blossoms.


This fella was caught crawling up the patio door.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos, but I especially loved #3!

Louise | Italy said...

That first plant is just gorgeous. I bet it would look great just one of the flower heads in close-up! Greetings from Italy!

FranE said...

Oh my goodness, I have never seen Hens and Chickens bloom before. That is a beautiful flower! The walking stick is a character, and you are just so good at the camera lens.
Frances

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

The flowers are beautiful, as are your photos of them.

Ronnica said...

I never really thought about strawberry plants...but you're right!

Anonymous said...

You just have a way with the camera that brings out the beauty in almost everything! I have to say, though, the first picture is my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

Appalachian Lady said...

That first photo is great--what a lovely flower on the succulent. Great photos.

Mark Kreider said...

Wonderful photos... such a wealth of aroma if I could only smell it!