12/9/15

old tea rose bushes

I know the tea rose bushes climbing along the fence are quite old and have probably been here since the house was built (at least 50 years ago is my guess). Every year, I wait for them to bloom because there has been a lot of cross-pollination of pink and purple blossoms in all that time. I have been curious about their names and it took a while, but I think I found the names of both types. The purple ones are called 'Belle de Crecy' and the pink ones are, ironically enough, 'American Pillar'.



I'm pretty sure that these won't be the last that you will see of them.


8 comments:

Ela said...

Such beautiful flowers !! This color makes me happy !!
Greetings

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The Roses are all beautiful and certainly are a great age. Betty, I am just off to MAlawi now and the news is good. Allhtough everyone (car crash) has whiplash and DAniel left side of his face looks like he has one 10 ounds with M Ali, they are OK. The Cure Hospital are leaning us a car to make out planned trip to Zambia so that is wonderful news. I know I will NOT have internet there but while away I will read posts (when I can and internet permits) but am NOT commenting. I have schedduled all my posts in. Have a lovely Christmas.

daisy g said...

Aren't they cheery?! I love how you did the last collage.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful outdoor post on this week's Maple Hill Hop!

Linda W. said...

Such bright cheerful flowers, they brightened my day!

facile et beau - Gusta said...

i love this beautiful roses and i like the flavor. Hope the bush will stay for one more 50 years and longer.
have a nice day
gusta

Jazzy Jack said...

How lovely and having a surprise each year adds to it!
Do they have scent is always my first question with roses :-) xo Jazzy Jack

Rambling Woods said...

Oh my.... Beautiful roses and I love the happy colors.... Michelle

Rhonda Albom said...

Beautiful roses, striking colours.